Back & Neck Injury
Treat the root cause of back and neck pain with physical therapy
Avant Physical Therapy combines evidence based treatment techniques with the experience, support, and attention to detail to optimize recovery from neck and back injury.
Get Back In The Game
Getting you back to what you love after neck and back injuries
When a person has suffered an injury to the neck or back – whether it be from a car accident, a work injury, a slip and fall, whiplash, a chronic injury, or other microtrauma – it can be incredibly frustrating to try and cope with the pain and limitations to your life. Healing from back and neck injuries takes time, knowledge, and lots of work, all while you might be restricted from doing your job or the hobbies you love. Rehabilitation is a vital part of the healing process, and working with one of our physical therapists can help you to heal faster, feel stronger, and safely get back to your daily activities sooner.
Our therapists employ comprehensive expertise of anatomy and physiology, combined with up-to-date knowledge of present research, extensive experience, and attention to detail to optimize recovery from neck and back injury. Current evidence for best treatment of back and neck pain includes:
- Specific exercises focused on increasing muscle strength, endurance, and activation
- Multimodal exercise programs including cardiovascular, resistance, and mobility training
- Manual mobilization of joints
- Soft tissue mobilization
- Education on anatomy, physiology, and pain neuroscience of back and neck pain causes
- Integration of medical imaging findings in conjunction with clinical presentation to create an optimal, personalized plan of care
You can expect the following interventions as part of your rehab process:
- Help reduce inflammation to manage pain
- Restore mobility and flexibility to joints and muscles
- Increase strength in muscles surrounding the injury
- Enhance body mechanics for a faster return to normal activity
- Learn how to get back to what you love safely to prevent future reinjury
To learn more about how Avant Physical Therapy can help you to recover from neck and back injuries and cope with spinal pain, contact us at 206-686-4073 or request an appointment online today.